EPISODE 126: LEVEL UP 2018!
1/5/18 - Take that new year energy and boost your accountability, activism, emotional health and career goals with advice from some very wise women. Featuring Sabrina Hersi Issa, Sister District co-founder Lyzz Schwegler, friend of the podcast Virgie Tovar, and Shondaland's Jenn Romolini.
Our theme song is Call Your Girlfriend by Robyn.
Original music composed and performed by Carolyn Pennypacker Riggs.
Fewer resolutions, more personal inventory:
Get accountable with possibility model Sabrina Hersi Issa.
Sabrina's pro-tip: Schedule and set aside a personal inventory day at least once monthly (hers recurs on the day of her birthday, e.g. the 16th of every month)
Reflection questions Sabrina asks on a personal inventory day:
- What did I learn this month?
- What surprised me, and why?
- What am I grateful for?
- Who am I grateful for?
Rather than resolutions crammed into a single week or month she recommends:
- Take stock of what you want for yourself
- Get really honest with yourself, for yourself and no one else
- Be unapologetically focused on what your needs are
- Write it down! Write down your goals and make a plan. Somewhere accessible and easy to reference in the future.
Flex your activist muscles:
- Sister District and Florida state legislature candidate Margaret Good
- Higher Heights
- Run for Something
- Latinas Represent
- 314 Action
It's your right to thrive, emotionally!
It's okay to fuck up at work sometimes!
- Jennifer Romolini: Everyone gets fired. Everyone screws up.
- Don't be the office hater.
- No one knows how weird it is inside your head.