We're hiring an associate producer!
**The application period has ended.**
As you are probably aware because you're on our website, Call Your Girlfriend is a weekly podcast co-hosted by Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman and produced by Gina Delvac. We are independently owned and produced. Since launching in 2014, we’ve built an audience of hundreds of thousands of listeners per episode. Now we’re looking for an associate producer to support our work and level up with us.
What you’ll do
As our associate producer, you'll assist Gina with all aspects of production, from booking and recording interviews to handling administrative tasks. We'll also rely on your creative, editorial brain to dream up guests we should feature, gather inspo from fellow podcasters, and highlight contributions from our super-engaged audience. Like all roles at Call Your Girlfriend, this position will be shaped by the skills and goals of the specific person who fills it. But we know we need help with the following things:
- Scheduling and publishing episodes using Art19 and Squarespace
- Uploading airchecks (ad reads from each episode) for advertisers
- Suggesting links, guests, and topics for our weekly, news-driven episodes
- Pitching special episodes and coverage
- Pursuing and booking guests
- Selecting listener questions and feedback to highlight on the show
- Posting clips from new episodes on our social channels
- Booking studio space and arranging tape syncs
who we are
CYG is a tight-knit team of scrappy, creative, feminist women who have many overlapping side-hustles. We don’t have a physical office but are adept at working collaboratively across time zones and locations. People of all genders and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. For more about who we are, what we believe, and how we like to work, check out our About page.
WHAT WE PAY
Everyone on this team is paid in REAL AMERICAN DOLLAR$. This position is compensated at $28/hour. We estimate about 15 hours of work per week, though that could change over time. We're looking for a minimum 6-month commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
The application period has ended.